Skip to main content

Doors poem: A Readers thoughts By Mariah Pompa


A smattering of words is all it seems and its all consuming,
Taking minutes of my day, hours really, and I don't even notice,
I'm happy to lose time and travel to another universe if it means keeping up,

These new people, these new places,
I can't wait to see it all,

This is my spyglass to view another writers world because that's what it is,
A universe between two covers that I return to now and then,

Some are so painfully predictable you
                                                         have to
                                                                  set it
                                                                        down
                                                                               because its lost its wonder...

Others, dear goddess, others are enough to make me hungry for more,
More plot, more people, more worlds,

More words,

Let me at these creations of mass distraction and let them sweep me away,
You'll find no struggle with me,
I'll go where the pages take me.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doors poem: A Thought on Dreams By Mariah Pompa

Close your eyes and kiss logic goodbye, You know how this works, Nonsense, unconscious thoughts, the whole SHEBANG! It changes almost every night, Sometimes it scares me right out of it, Cold sweat, racing heart, fighting back the tears, Other nights its blissful darkness, Ironic since I'm afraid of the dark, Yet there are times where it all seems great, pushing along the fun times, easy dreams, and story plots, Those are the best, Is what they are, Dams, My unconscious key to a place for only me, To face the fears or put them off for just a moment longer, They are mine, my place to hide, my kingdom, my place to see, my place when in sleep.

Door Poems: Getting there by Mariah Pompa

Just reach for it, You've worked for this, Dressed up for this, filled out enough damned paper work for this, The cool metal slips through your sweaty fingers, A quick swipe on your pant leg saves face, The handle clicks against the ring on your finger, You may have a heart attack before you know,  Your chest aches at that thought, Adjusting the knot in your tie, Lighten the load, Take the handle, its time to go.